Come Calling [DONE]

An odd and rather fey place, just on the border between County Monaghan and the North. Beware the goats.

Moderator: Rabastan Lestrange

Come Calling [DONE]

Postby Lucius Malfoy » Tue, 2009.06.09 09:19

[Follows Hunting the Wild Snape....]
Afternoon of Wednesday, June 12th, 1974

Having apparated to behind the local pub, Lucky strode forward towards the Lestrange family farm. It was a short walk, and one he was reasonably familiar with, from varying times he'd visited or even stayed there.

When he reached the house, he walked up to the door and knocked politely. After all, there was no need to abandon his manners, even if he was rather irritated with the whole situation. He waited for someone to answer, idly using his wand to keep a stray goat from chewing at his clothes.
Lucius Malfoy
Forum Mod

Re: Come Calling

Postby Rodolphus Lestrange » Tue, 2009.06.09 12:13

Roddy opened the door, wearing nothing but a long kilt, letting out a cloud of cabbage and onion scented air. "Lucky? What are you doing here? Wasn't expecting to see you so soon..."

He stepped back from the door, holding it open, "So, come in. Can't have you standing in the yard, letting the goats in." Roddy slipped the silver knife in his other hand back into the sheath in the back of his kilt. "Sev's in the other room with Ceofine and Clover -- didn't think he'd come away with me, but he's easier than you'd think. And more easy than that with a little whiskey in him, he is."
Dandy in the underworld / Dandy in the underworld
When will he come up for air / Will anybody ever care...?
Rodolphus Lestrange
Approved

Postby Lucius Malfoy » Tue, 2009.06.09 20:26

Lucky slipped through the door, moving himself close enough to Roddy that their chests were nearly touching.

"I'm here because no one thought to mention they were fetching our boy from school. Which means I've been wondering about his health for the last several days, since he hasn't been by the Manor," he said, in a cold quiet voice.

"I've letters, for Sev, and your Mum, though. Figured I might serve as mail delivery while I was at it." This was said in a more cheerful tone for general consumption as he slipped away from Roddy.
Lucius Malfoy
Forum Mod

Postby Rodolphus Lestrange » Tue, 2009.06.09 20:39

"Well, shit on it if I knew you were for having him for summer!" Roddy looked faintly offended, but thought on it a long few minutes. "Maybe you're right... You might well have said it to me, but it's all been in and out, these last weeks. It's the air, here. Just up the road a town or two, the feckin' UVF blew out the middle of Monaghan. Twenty three people, Lucky. Six of them Wizards and four more blood. Maybe, I'm not all screwed in, but the whiskey helps."

He picked up a bottle from the post table in the hall as he headed toward the kitchen. After a long drink, he offered it haphazardly to Lucky.

"Oi, mum, Lucky's here with a letter from Murphy."

"Just leave it on the post table, Lucius," she called back from the steamy depths of the kitchen. "I don't want to spill on it. Sure you're staying for dinner, aye?"
Rodolphus Lestrange
Approved

Postby Lucius Malfoy » Tue, 2009.06.09 20:53

"Aw, shit, Roddy," he said, pulling the other man in for a hug. "It was just the typical use of the lab. You know my father gets touchy if I try to have people stay for more than a few days at a time."

He sighed and smiled. "I'm just used to seeing Sev drop by our labs most days all summer. I figure that way he at least has an out."

He took a swig from the whisky bottle, before handing it back. "If you'll have me, Mrs. Lestrange," he said cheerfully. "I'd much rather eat here, than go home to sit formally." He ladi her letter on the table, and made to follow Roddy.
Lucius Malfoy
Forum Mod

Postby Rodolphus Lestrange » Tue, 2009.06.09 20:58

"Sure, sure," came Brigid's voice from the kitchen, "Always enough for you, here."

Roddy laid a heavy hand on Lucky's shoulder for a long moment, looking like he might say something serious, but turned and made for the door of the greatroom. "I should check on Sev. Left him alone with two of the cousins, I did, and that can't be aught but trouble in the making."
Rodolphus Lestrange
Approved

Postby Severus Snape » Tue, 2009.06.09 21:05

With an alarmed squawk, Severus leapt backward from the greatroom, slamming directly into Roddy's chest. The sound of Ceofine's hysterical laughter followed him into the hall.

"Mother's tongue, Clover," it cackled, "I said he wasn't like us. They're uptight over in England."

Clover just sounded confused. "But what's not to like? I wasn't being mean!"

Severus grabbed at Roddy's shirt twice before realising he wasn't wearing one. "They're mad. They're out of their damned tiny minds. She -- he -- it -- Clover was touching me. Hands. On me."
"I want to believe in the nobility of the human spirit [...] but you've caught me at a bad moment, and I can't."
Severus Snape
Approved

Postby Lucius Malfoy » Tue, 2009.06.09 21:22

Lucky started laughing, his laughter growing to fill the room for a minute at Sev's reaction.

"Severus, Severus, be patient. They're more affectionate than the rest of us," he said with a grin.

"And we're not all that uptight, Ceofine. Even if I'm not as relaxed as Roddy here. Sev's a special case."

He smiled at his younger friend. "You can always come hide from them at my house if you need to, Sev," he said.
Lucius Malfoy
Forum Mod

Postby Rodolphus Lestrange » Tue, 2009.06.09 21:32

"He's an odd one, Clover. You'll come to know him and his way." Roddy headbutted Sev, gently, and stepped around his friend, into the room. "Come and show him how you are with me, if he doesn't believe you've been gentle."

Clover bounced up off the overstuffed sofa and darted across the room, liquidly twisting around Roddy with an overheated kiss. Roddy held out a hand to Ceofine, who raised an eyebrow, and then stalked disapprovingly across the room to join its cousin and sibling. Ceofine, at times, was the last sensible one left in a room, and in its opinion, it wasn't sensible enough for that to ever be the case.

Roddy untangled himself from his cousins and looked over his shoulder at Sev. "That's right and normal, it is. It's the way we were all raised to be -- and double for Clover. You don't have to play, but you do have to know sometimes one of us will forget that you don't. Just tell us no, and we'll stop. I promise you that."
Rodolphus Lestrange
Approved

Postby Severus Snape » Tue, 2009.06.09 21:40

"Affectionate!?" Severus squawked, enraptured and disgusted, "That's -- he's -- those are his cousins."

He began to pay attention to Roddy, as the Irishman started to speak. "If I tell you no, any of you, you'll really stop?"

"Who wants toys that don't play back?" Ceofine asked, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. "If you're not having fun, then we're going to get bored."

"Too true, it is," Clover chimed in.

Severus cocked an eyebrow at Lucky. Are they serious? Can they be trusted? Can people who do that sort of thing with their own cousins be trusted in any situation?
"I want to believe in the nobility of the human spirit [...] but you've caught me at a bad moment, and I can't."
Severus Snape
Approved

Next

Return to Ballycastle, Ireland