[NC-17]Of Hexes and Toasters [DONE]

An odd and rather fey place, just on the border between County Monaghan and the North. Beware the goats.

Moderator: Rabastan Lestrange

[NC-17]Of Hexes and Toasters [DONE]

Postby Rodolphus Lestrange » Fri, 2010.01.22 06:38

*~ Saturday, June 29th, 1974 -- 2pm ~*

Roddy wasn't sure what in Merlin's cavity-ridden left testicle his brother was doing home, this weekend, and he didn't really want to know. He'd leave Babs to the cousins and ask Clover, later.

Instead, he rang up Lucky and Sev, catching them in the midst of bottling. Even through the floo, he could tell something wasn't quite right. Lucky moved very carefully, and Sev was trying very hard not to look at him. Lucky broke off the call, saying they'd be done in an hour. Naught to do but wait, then. And have a sandwich. Auntie bless the Earl of Sandwich, for teaching a man the right use of bread... even if he was English.
Last edited by Rodolphus Lestrange on Wed, 2010.02.17 10:08, edited 2 times in total.
Dandy in the underworld / Dandy in the underworld
When will he come up for air / Will anybody ever care...?
Rodolphus Lestrange
Approved

Re: Of Hexes and Toasters

Postby Severus Snape » Fri, 2010.01.22 06:44

He stepped out of the floo, into the middle of ... something unspeakable and irrational, in the Greatroom. At a glance, it seemed to involve three of the cousins, Babs, and one of the Red Men. With a look of dismay, he froze, not more than a step from the fireplace.

"Rodolphus, I think your cousins are trying to ... I don't know what they are trying to do, but it definitely involves your brother!"
"I want to believe in the nobility of the human spirit [...] but you've caught me at a bad moment, and I can't."
Severus Snape
Approved

Postby Lucius Malfoy » Fri, 2010.01.22 06:50

He smiled as he stepped through the floo, and took in the room. Deciding it was best to leave Babs to, well, whatever the hell was going on over there, he smiled at Roddy winningly. "Hey Roddy. So just what is the plan this afternoon?" Lucky found a chair, and sprawled in it, with his usual graceful slump, before shifting position slightly.
Lucius Malfoy
Forum Mod

Postby Rodolphus Lestrange » Fri, 2010.01.22 06:59

"I thought we'd tilt a few pints and watch Babs take a tossing." Roddy cocked his head in the direction of the five-man pile. "As to whether it'll be tossed off or tossed out, I haven't the least."

He pulled one hand from behind his back and tossed a bottle to Lucky, before handing the other to Sev. "But, the two of you, you're wojus off, today. Who set the banner ablaze, this time?"
Rodolphus Lestrange
Approved

Postby Severus Snape » Fri, 2010.01.22 07:05

Severus struggled with the bottle for a few moments, before Roddy took it from him, and opened the lid with his teeth, before passing it back. "Thanks."

He took a shallow sip and watched the fight. "I do not believe a man should hex his own family," he said, seemingly apropos of nothing. "Things like this --" He pointed at the roiling heap of flesh. "-- this isn't really dangerous. There are spells and potions for bruises and broken bones. But, you don't hex someone unless you truly mean them harm."

A palpable tension surrounded him, as he struggled to keep everything in the abstract. He just wanted Roddy to tell him what he already knew -- that what Lucky's father was doing was dangerous and improper.
"I want to believe in the nobility of the human spirit [...] but you've caught me at a bad moment, and I can't."
Severus Snape
Approved

Postby Lucius Malfoy » Fri, 2010.01.22 07:08

Lucky chuckled genially. "Just a bit of a disagreement with my old man. Sev's blowing it out of proportion," he said, smiling at Roddy, and opening the bottle, taking a long pull. "And you could've mentioned it was old home week, you know," he said gesturing at the pile in the corner.
Lucius Malfoy
Forum Mod

Postby Severus Snape » Fri, 2010.01.22 07:16

"Blowing it out of--! I am hardly blowing it out of proportion!" Severus ran a hand through his hair, angrily. "The cure is worse than the hex? You'll have it as long as he decides you'll have it, because there's nothing to be done for it? No, I really don't think I'm blowing it out of proportion, Lucius."

He looked frazzled, greasy hair knotted and tangled from all the times he'd pulled at it and twisted it, just to keep his hands moving. But, his dark eyes were very clear -- limpid, even -- and they gleamed with a concern heavily tainted with wrath.
Severus Snape
Approved

Postby Rodolphus Lestrange » Fri, 2010.01.22 07:25

"Your da throws toasters, Sev. I'm not sure you've got what to stand on, here." Roddy lazily poured beer into his mouth and leaned back against the corner of a bookcase.

He looked at Lucky. "But, he's right, all the same." Pointing the bottle at the match on the floor, he continued. "That's an equal match, it is. There's no politics, and only a few hard feelings -- and most of those are elbows."

Caolan took one to the teeth, and Roddy winced. "Mum's like to give you a matching one, if you get blood on the carpet again."

But, it was too late to worry. Sully had already swabbed his hat in the mess, and Caolan was pounding at the side of his bloody-auburn head.
Rodolphus Lestrange
Approved

Postby Lucius Malfoy » Fri, 2010.01.22 07:32

"And what Sev's talking about was parental discipline, nothing more," he said, his voice calm.

"One hex, gentleman. Which I'm likely to have the results of for about a week, since I have no desire to grovel. It's my choice, one way and another. Sev just happened to be in the labs when I slipped downstairs to take care of it." Lucius sipped at his drink again, his expression an almost bored mask, as he tried to finish the discussion.

"And that's another matter entirely, anyhow. A friendly brawl, such as it is," he said gesturing at the rolling pile of bodies on the floor.
Lucius Malfoy
Forum Mod

Postby Rodolphus Lestrange » Fri, 2010.01.22 07:46

"I should point out to both of you that the biggest thing my mum's ever hit either of us with was a wooden spoon. And that's only because we're stealing from the pot, while she's cooking. And Da hasn't ..." Roddy laughed. "Da usually just threatens us with Mum, or if he's right sputtering, he'll send us to Granny's. After the time we watched Granny rip that sheep apart and eat it, I don't think we needed all that much discipline, isn't that so, Babs?"

Rabastan ignored him, headbutting Sully, before Cathan knelt on his gut.

"Even Mum just gave us spankings." Roddy shrugged. "No one of us was throwing hexes or kitchen appliances."
Rodolphus Lestrange
Approved

Next

Return to Ballycastle, Ireland