Stitches In My Head [DONE]

Malfoy Manor is really the only thing worth visiting in Wiltshire, but it is certainly worth the journey, for any Pureblooded Dark Arts enthusiast. The Malfoy research library is quite extensive.

Moderator: Lucius Malfoy

Stitches In My Head [DONE]

Postby Rabastan Lestrange » Wed, 2009.07.01 08:14

[In from A New Day.]
*~Late Afternoon, June 15, 1974~*

Rabastan knocked stiffly at the door of the manor. After the interview with the American, he'd stopped in the bar downstairs for a couple shots of firewhiskey, and wondered if he shouldn't have had a few more. He'd come here to tell Lucius exactly what he thought of the American, the whole ordeal, and Lucius, himself, for putting him through it.

If he was honest with himself, he'd come here to drink until he forgot, before he had to go make his report, in the morning. Lucky was always good about that.
Last edited by Rabastan Lestrange on Wed, 2009.07.01 10:25, edited 1 time in total.
There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough, and liked it, never really care for anything else.
-- Ernest Hemingway
Rabastan Lestrange
Forum Mod

Re: Stitches In My Head [Lucky]

Postby Lucius Malfoy » Wed, 2009.07.01 08:22

A house-elf opened the door. "Mr. Lestrange, Sir," the creature said. "You's here to see Master Lucius, he's in his study." With that the house-elf turned to lead the way.

When the arrived at the door, the house elf opened it. "Master, you's got company," it said, before popping out of the room.

Lucius was seated at a desk with several books spread in front of him, a quill taking notes to the side of him. At the announcement, he looked up, and then stood, walking around the desk to offer his hand to the other wizard. "What brings you to visit me here?" he asked with a polite smile on his face.
Lucius Malfoy
Forum Mod

Postby Rabastan Lestrange » Wed, 2009.07.01 08:28

Babs shook his hand. "Lucius, have I ever told you that I was going to punch you in the face? I don't think I have. But, right now, I'm sorely tempted."

Taking back his hand, he untied the brown ribbon that held his hair off his face. He ran a hand through his shoulder-length hair, but didn't tie it back up, yet, shaking a loop of ribbon, threateningly, at Lucius.

"I have just come back from a most ... enlightening interview. What in Merlin's name possessed you to even admit to that American that we existed?"
There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough, and liked it, never really care for anything else.
-- Ernest Hemingway
Rabastan Lestrange
Forum Mod

Postby Lucius Malfoy » Wed, 2009.07.01 08:34

Lucky chuckled. "I was talking politics in a pub in America, several drinks in. He wandered over while I was describing the activities of our associates," he said, moving to sit back down, and gesturing Rabastan to a seat. "He took an interest, although I never expected him to show up over here. And I certainly didn't reveal my affiliations then and there."

He sighed. "Then, said lovely individual shows up in Ballycastle, of all places. When I was out drinking on my birthday, and brings it up again."

He smiled at the other man. "I hadn't figured on you being sent to recruit him. I rather assumed it would be one of the older generation, and I certainly wasn't terribly inclined to spend more time with him myself."
Lucius Malfoy
Forum Mod

Postby Rabastan Lestrange » Wed, 2009.07.01 08:43

"Merlin's ruddy left testicle, Lucius." Babs rubbed a hand over his eyes, before putting the ribbon back in his hair. "He was in Ballycastle? What two shits and a fuck was he doing in rural Ireland?"

The hand migrated back up, rubbing his face, distressedly, again. "I got this job, because he's not forty, yet. Our Lord is uncertain about sending the elder Wizards to meet with what he sees as children. That's our job, and after your letter, I can see why he didn't tell you to pick up your own pieces.

"You owe me, Lucius. I need to drink until I can't see." He looked pleadingly up, those last two inches to catch Lucius's eye. "It was like spending a fine afternoon stuck in a room with Greyback. Tell me you have enough whiskey to make it go away -- blood on it, tell me there is enough whiskey for that..."
-- Ernest Hemingway
Rabastan Lestrange
Forum Mod

Postby Lucius Malfoy » Wed, 2009.07.01 08:51

Lucky laughed. "Of course I do. And yes, you may have it," he said, using his wand to open a cabinet that was filled with bottles. "Pick your poison," he said.

"Fuck if I know, Rabastan, but he was making a nuisance of himself to the pub in general, before he spotted me. And pushing about how to find certain sorts of people. I had to shut him up, and couldn't get enough from him to tell if he was good for anything other than canon fodder under the circumstances."

Lucius rolled his eyes. "I might've done it myself, if he'd shown a little less contempt for people he hadn't even met yet. But I hadn't realised I had permission for full recruiting beyond Hogwarts yet. That is, beyond spreading rumours while overseas. But the overeager bottom feeder was busy insulting people, and speaking of things rather more publicly than I thought wise. Add to that the fact that he attempted a privacy spell in the pub, and well, I felt tact was not one of his nodding acquaintances."
Lucius Malfoy
Forum Mod

Postby Rabastan Lestrange » Wed, 2009.07.01 09:10

"Ah! Salvation!" Babs crossed to the cabinet and began to inspect the bottles. "That's too good to be used like this, this isn't good enough to start a night with ... Ah, there we are! FitzEmoric's Firewhiskey!"

He pulled the bottle out, uncorked it and sniffed, before pulling a glass off another shelf and pouring. "You're not a generalist any more than I am. We don't take recruits unless we're granted them -- you get your choice of the Hogwarts boys for another year or two, of course, because you've just left, and you know them. Come past that, and you'll be stuck taking the lower list, like I am."

Taking both the bottle and the glass, he dropped into a nearby chair and took a drink. "But, this guttering wit you got me, today... You know, he hates Muggles because he vanished some berk's dog, and then got shot for it? If it ha' been my dog, I'd ha' been fer more than just shooting him!"
-- Ernest Hemingway
Rabastan Lestrange
Forum Mod

Postby Lucius Malfoy » Wed, 2009.07.01 09:18

Lucky rolled his eyes. "Why am I not surprised," he said wryly. "He was bad enough in the pub to have your brother set him in his place in a fashion I've never heard from him before."

"Much more than another year or two, and I won't have the slightest about them. And really, I work in spell research and development, with a side of potions brewing. I'd much rather do that than recruit, unless they've gifts. But I couldn't have it said I was turning down the eager, after all. Even if he looks fit for nothing other than the front lines," he said with a tinge of disgust.

Lucky summoned himself a bottle of fine wizarding brandy and a glass. He proceeded to pour himself some, and take a sip. "And if he doesn't prove worthy, or good at anything, I imagine he'll end up as a test subject for someone or other."
Lucius Malfoy
Forum Mod

Postby Rabastan Lestrange » Wed, 2009.07.01 10:23

"It settles me, some, to think of him hung up in a lab, somewhere." Babs sipped at the whiskey, slumping in the chair. "It settles me more to think of him dead of his own rattling dumb."

There was a long pause as he simply savoured the drink, before the first thing Lucius had said caught up with him. "My brother? Put him in his place? My brother? Not, say, one of the cousins?" He stared owlishly at Lucius.
-- Ernest Hemingway
Rabastan Lestrange
Forum Mod

Postby Lucius Malfoy » Wed, 2009.07.01 10:28

"Not that the daft git was paying enough attention to notice, but yes," Lucky said, before taking a sip of his brandy. "None of your cousins were with us in the pub. Just Roddy, Severus, and I. And poor Severus was having his first experience with drink in the midst of this. "
Lucius Malfoy
Forum Mod

Next

Return to Malfoy Manor, Wiltshire, England