A Dram By Any Other Measure (Lucky/Sev)

Malfoy Manor is really the only thing worth visiting in Wiltshire, but it is certainly worth the journey, for any Pureblooded Dark Arts enthusiast. The Malfoy research library is quite extensive.

Moderator: Lucius Malfoy

A Dram By Any Other Measure (Lucky/Sev)

Postby Lucius Malfoy » Tue, 2009.11.24 10:49

*** Friday, June 28th, 7pm**

After a trying dinner with his father, Lucky came hurtling down into the potions labs in a rush. Without looking around he began pulling off his immaculate robes, dropping them to the floor where he stood. When he was down to a pair of slacks and a dress shirt, he pulled at the opening of the shirt with a slight hiss as he sent buttons flying across the room with a popping noise.
Lucius Malfoy
Forum Mod

Re: A Dram By Any Other Measure (Lucky/Sev)

Postby Severus Snape » Tue, 2009.11.24 11:04

"Lucius? Lucky, watch the bloody buttons!" Severus looked up in vague irritation, from the cauldron he leaned over. "And do wear clothes. I'm working with some moderately caustic ingredients."

His grim amusement faded very slightly, as he finally noticed Lucius's face. "The Blacks, again? Or something even less pleasant?"
"I want to believe in the nobility of the human spirit [...] but you've caught me at a bad moment, and I can't."
Severus Snape
Approved

Postby Lucius Malfoy » Tue, 2009.11.24 11:07

"Sev?" Lucky said, looking up for a moment, startled. "i hadn't realised you'd come back from Ireland yet," he muttered, more to himself than anything.

He strode over to the sink in the corner, away from the active potions. "Is that where you can give me a hand?" he asked, ignoring the question.
Lucius Malfoy
Forum Mod

Postby Severus Snape » Tue, 2009.11.24 11:12

"I'm not back from Ireland, I'm just hiding from Clover." Severus shuddered dramatically, and then popped his wrist, tossing slices of frozen ashwinder egg into the cauldron. "I can't take my eyes off this for about another ten minutes. What did you need?"
"I want to believe in the nobility of the human spirit [...] but you've caught me at a bad moment, and I can't."
Severus Snape
Approved

Postby Lucius Malfoy » Tue, 2009.11.24 11:16

"Never mind, then," he said, still talking half to himself as he turned on the warm water in the sink. He slipped out of his shirt with another hiss. He had one side of his body facing the sink, and reached over with the other hand to soak a sponge in the warm water, running it across the side still partially hidden from view.

"I meant to talk with you soon anyway," he said. "Have an opportunity for you." He rinsed the sponge in the sink, tinges of red and pink mingling with the water, before running the sponge over his side again.
Lucius Malfoy
Forum Mod

Postby Severus Snape » Tue, 2009.11.24 11:24

"You are making extraordinarily unpleasant noises, Lucky. Need I be concerned?" Severus picked up his wand, in his off-hand, still stirring, and gestured at the lamps nearer the sink. "Erigo lux, eighty."

The lights complied, brightening to eighty percent of their potential luminosity.

"I am willing to discuss any opportunities you may have to offer, once you can assure me that they will not be arising due to your untimely demise."
Severus Snape
Approved

Postby Lucius Malfoy » Tue, 2009.11.24 11:33

Lucky laughed for a minute. "Nah. I'll be fine. Just have to get this clean, and then fetch the ointment for it," he said. "Nothing I haven't done before," he said, continuing to wash his side. Looking down at his side, he noticed that the thin slashes were now simply oozing blood, rather than the mixture of blood an pus they'd been oozing previously. With a satisfied nod, he set the sink to draining before setting off across the room again.

"I figure I'll wait until I have a shirt on before I try and talk too seriously with you," he said. "I know you abhor nakedness, and if I'd realised you were down here, I might have been a bit more cautious about shedding layers."

He started rummaging through the cabinets where he kept his perfuming oils. "And no, this wasn't the Blacks, Severus. Just dinner with my father," he said flatly. His side now had thin rivulets of blood tracing a path across his skin. "Aha," he said. "I thought I still had some hidden in here," he said, brandishing a bottle of a murky brown substance, and turning to head back to the sink.
Lucius Malfoy
Forum Mod

Postby Severus Snape » Tue, 2009.11.24 11:39

"Dinner... with your father?" Severus tipped his head, and his neck popped, loudly. "Looks more like dinner with my father. I will refrain from making offers I know you will refuse. I am certain the Lestranges have already made those offers and likely will again."

A thin smile crept across his face. "Unless, of course, you mean to tell me you were demonstrating a new hex, and neglected to bring sufficient test subjects."
Severus Snape
Approved

Postby Lucius Malfoy » Tue, 2009.11.24 11:46

"And you wonder why I told you not to leave the labs and the associated rooms without me?" Lucky asked, one eyebrow arched.

"And, no, the Lestranges haven't," he said. "Because none of them know, or will," he said flatly. "It'd be gone in a week or so anyways, even if I didn't treat it," he said. "Just hurts a lot more that way." Lucky walked over to the sink again, and quickly rinsed off his side, patting it dry before applying the ointment carefully.

He sighed. "I got careless at dinner, and he was in a mood. This was to remind me that just because I'm of age, doesn't give me room to question the rules in his house." He shook his head ruefully. "Could've been worse. Would be, without this," he said, brandishing the vial.
Lucius Malfoy
Forum Mod

Postby Severus Snape » Tue, 2009.11.24 11:53

And that was when Severus began to laugh, left hand still stirring the potion, right wrist pressed to his mouth. It was uncontrollable. He leaned to the side so the tears streaming from his eyes wouldn't spoil the potion.

"I don't suppose he threw the toaster? It isn't really an act of war, until someone throws a toaster. Not that I think your father would know a toaster if one bit him on the arse. You've got house elves for that," he wheezed, between gales of laughter. "I don't -- heh -- I don't suppose he threw a house elf?"
Severus Snape
Approved

Next

Return to Malfoy Manor, Wiltshire, England