Seraphic Rabbits at the West Amberlin [OPEN]

London, behind the façade. Every wizard in the British Isles has come here at some point or another.

Re: Seraphic Rabbits at the West Amberlin [OPEN]

Postby Rodolphus Lestrange » Fri, 2010.06.25 04:29

Roddy blinked. There was a small chance that he was, in fact, so drunk he'd misunderstood the question, but the chance was extremely small. "It tastes like butterbeer. With cherries."

He gazed across the table in perplexity for a long moment. "Easier answer: When the glass makes the table, I'll let you take the first sip, I will. Then you'll know."

Of course, he'd let her have the second sip, if she had the sense to ask, but it never hurt to put a drink down someone else, before you sullied your own stomach with it, after some shenanigans like they'd just had. His mother didn't raise a stupid child, and his cousins were excellent reminders of some of the finer points.
Dandy in the underworld / Dandy in the underworld
When will he come up for air / Will anybody ever care...?
Rodolphus Lestrange
Approved

Postby Andrya Scova » Wed, 2010.06.30 20:45

“Like Butterbeer and cherries, de verdad?” she said in a slight sarcastic tone while holding back a laugh. “Of course there is a bit of both in the taste, but it’s just that, a veces, when things are mixed the result has a unique taste. Maybe it’s not the case with Butterbeer con cerezas. Guess I will see when I try it.”

In day to day life she purposefully spoke entire sentences in Spanish, mostly when talking to herself or expressing something that she didn’t care if she got a reply to, but when she randomly changed words and expressions in mid-sentence like she was doing now, it was indicative that she was relaxed. Of course she was very much alert in case trouble arose, but that never stopped her from enjoying a calm moment.
Andrya Scova
Approved

Postby Rodolphus Lestrange » Fri, 2010.07.02 19:32

Roddy grinned. "But, if it had a unique taste, it would be just as impossible to describe it, non?"

Their drinks arrived, and he pushed his across the table and dropped a few knuts on the floating tray, when it bumped him in the shoulder. "Impatient, yeah?"

He looked back across the table and dismissed the tray. The barkeep was probably light on service, tonight. "I think there ought to be candies that taste like this does. The only way it could be better is as a sugar-gummy."
Rodolphus Lestrange
Approved

Postby Andrya Scova » Fri, 2010.08.06 23:20

Andrya thought for a second before nodding.

"Sí, unique would indeed be difficult to describe. Apparently I can't think of simple details like that tonight."

She reached for his drink and took a sip.

"You're right, the two tastes are distinct enough. Es sabroso though."
Andrya Scova
Approved

Postby Rodolphus Lestrange » Mon, 2010.08.09 05:06

His Spanish wasn't great, but his Latin was good enough to figure out some words from context. "It is that, yeah."

"So, tell me, lass... Do you have to be home, tonight, or would you like to stay out and then sleep in?" Sometimes, he figured, it was good to get a handle on what was going on, before you did it. Most of the time, it was a waste, but this time, they'd be stuck in the pub a couple more hours, until the Aurors cleared the area, so it was worth knowing what he'd be looking forward to, after this.
Rodolphus Lestrange
Approved

Previous

Return to Wizarding London