Oh! What robes to wear? (Done)

London, behind the façade. Every wizard in the British Isles has come here at some point or another.

Re: Oh! What robes to wear? (Open)

Postby Rodolphus Lestrange » Sun, 2010.05.02 00:31

"Oh, don't do flamboyant for this one, Lucky. Do dashing, instead. You always look so good in smug --" Roddy turned a brilliant shade of flushed, and the corner of his mouth lifted for an offhand comment, before he remembered his audience. "Like ice, he is, and the lasses love it. 'Course, then they go home with me, so I love it all the more, I do. He's untouchable. I'm so cheap I'm nearly free."

He chuckled and flipped through the racks. "What if I get a robe done in red vinyl, Lucky? For those nights out that don't have twice and damned to do with the town? Could I do it, do you think?" Roddy smoothed a hand down his thigh and examined his figure. "Would it go with the feel of those times? I need something, you know. I'm getting tired of me oul' ma getting on my case about the stains. It's not like the closet won't clean them, but I guess there's only so much cleaning a man's supposed to do to robes as old as mine."

He grinned. "Vinyl's easy cleaning, sure it is."

The grin vanished as he turned to the American. "Sometimes, we get invited to the really wild parties. The kind of things where you end up with all sorts of unmentionable things on you, and nobody really talks about it, the next day, because most of 'em don't remember what happened, and they're just hoping their girlfriends don't find out before they do."

"How fortunate the man with none, aye, Lucky?"
Dandy in the underworld / Dandy in the underworld
When will he come up for air / Will anybody ever care...?
Rodolphus Lestrange
Approved

Postby Denathaniel Nightrain » Tue, 2010.05.04 00:58

He winced at the color of the robe, not sure if the blond could really pull it off...he wasn't even sure a woman could, but who was he to pass a comment?

"Wild parties, eh? Seen my brother come back from a few of those kinds and I had to do the cleaning up after him. I do have to say that as long as you stay away from anything that's white and discolors your robes, black is a good one, and easy to wash too. Nothing much can stain it," he said with a shrug, interested in those mentioned parties. "And while vinyl might be easy to clean, isn't it highly flammable?"
Denathaniel Nightrain
Approved

Postby Lucius Malfoy » Sat, 2010.05.15 12:16

Lucky winced. "I'm not sure I could handle that many shades of red at once, Roddy," he said, a clear image already forming in his head.

He sighed. "I'm so very tired of dashing. Especially as it usually ends up involving some variation on green, black, and grey. And vinyl will do, I suppose, although I'm considering charmed leather, myself, for the parties." Lucky fingered the e robe again. "Well, regardless, I'm buying this, before it ends up on someone who lacks the panache for it."
Lucius Malfoy
Forum Mod

Postby Rodolphus Lestrange » Mon, 2010.05.17 11:45

"Of all things shocking, you'd never know the things that would stain a black, you'd not. It's easier than you'd think, it is." Roddy shook his head and waved to the clerk. "Here, wrap these up and have them sent to Malfoy Manor. Bill the Lestrange account."

Roddy produced an armful of robes he'd been draping over a rack, as he circled the store, examining the merchandise. "And do me one more. I'll have a potions robe in soft-dyed gold leather, treated against stains and flame. Trim in crimson, buttons in carnelian. Bill my people, ship to his, same as the others."

"There, is that tame enough for your wild eye, Lucky? I'd rather not banjax your brains in quite that fashion, when there's still whiskey to be drunk and shenanigans to have done." Roddy grinned impertinently. "To the shoes, and then another pint?"
Rodolphus Lestrange
Approved

Postby Denathaniel Nightrain » Tue, 2010.05.18 02:08

Denathaniel watched them, a small smile on his lips as the two talked about clothes and styles. Most of what he owned was old and cheap, not to mention he didn't care about stains or just threw the out when he wasn't going to wear them anymore.

Looking at his watch, he winced and looked over at the redhead. "Mr. Lestrange, would it be appropriate for me to write to your sister? To at least get to know her a little before boring her with my presence on Hollow's Eve?" he asked, kneeling and searching for his sneaky fox.
Denathaniel Nightrain
Approved

Postby Rodolphus Lestrange » Wed, 2010.05.19 18:54

"Owl post works the same everywhere, and it's all the same to us, it is." Roddy shrugged, idly.

"Shoes or whiskey first, Lucky?" He eyed his boots critically. "Either way, I want to be good and drunk before we try inflicting the best of our goods on Sev -- who needs shoes, fer surely sure he does."
Rodolphus Lestrange
Approved

Postby Lucius Malfoy » Sat, 2010.05.22 10:39

"Ah, hell, Roddy. You never mentioned we were shopping for Sev today," Lucky said, looking around the shop again.

Handing his pile to the proprietor, he found a set of simple black robes, with silver trim. "Malfoy accounts, and send the lot to Malfoy Manor as well."

Lucky turned to look at Roddy, his eyes wide, tossing his blond hair over one shoulder artfully before speaking. "Oh whisky, of course. I'm far too dry for my tastes, as it is."
Lucius Malfoy
Forum Mod

Postby Denathaniel Nightrain » Tue, 2010.05.25 00:23

Denathaniel frowned as he heard their friend's name, something hitching at the back of his head, but he knew he wouldn't get it and looking once more at his watch. "Izmael, get over here!" he hissed, the fox shooting out from under a rack and cuddling into his arms.

He headed to the check out counter, taking his money out and paying the clerk with a small smile on his lips before he turned back to the men that had helped him avoid a fashion disaster. "Well, good afternoon gentlemen and I hope you enjoy a good night on the town."
Denathaniel Nightrain
Approved

Postby Rodolphus Lestrange » Fri, 2010.05.28 21:25

"Oh, that we will. And yours the same," Roddy said with a grin, holding the door open.

"I didn't know we were shopping for Sev, either. But, I wanted shoes, I did, and he needs 'em, and it'd be a bloody shabby thing not to get them for him, while we're out," he chattered to Lucius.

[exit.]
Rodolphus Lestrange
Approved

Postby Lucius Malfoy » Mon, 2010.05.31 06:50

"Good to have met you, and undoubtedly I'll see you at the ball. Have a pleasant evening." Lucky smiled as he followed Roddy out the door.
Lucius Malfoy
Forum Mod

Previous

Return to Wizarding London