The Pope of Fools (Sev) [DONE]

London, behind the façade. Every wizard in the British Isles has come here at some point or another.

Re: The Pope of Fools (Sev)

Postby Violette LaReine » Mon, 2010.03.08 05:45

“Oh, I was home schooled.” she said, nodding her head slightly, and taking in this information. “I assume that my education is complete, but I was told I still had to go to Hogwarts in the fall."

“Well, wine isn't manly you see, but it is delicious. I made it with my mother...not long before I left. Or there is butter beer...”

She stood, waiting for his answer playing with her book.
Last edited by Violette LaReine on Sun, 2010.05.09 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
Violette LaReine
Approved

Postby Severus Snape » Mon, 2010.03.08 05:56

"Well, if the wine is delicious..." He looked interested, for a moment, then shook his head. "I wouldn't want to deprive you of something special. If you made it with your mother, that's probably something important."

"I've heard rumour of a Jamaican sparkling drink that my friend says is like 'drinking a kick in the mouth, but in a good way'." Severus made awkward finger quotes, recalling Sullivan's comments on the subject of the orange-ginger combination. "I suspect it's available here, this being the transit hub for Wizarding England."
"I want to believe in the nobility of the human spirit [...] but you've caught me at a bad moment, and I can't."
Severus Snape
Approved

Postby Violette LaReine » Mon, 2010.03.08 05:59

"I don't mind really, I have several bottles to many. At least take one, as a gift to say sorry. I...I don't often talk to people..." she chuckled a bit awkwardly once more and scratched the back of her neck. "So really, It is more of a thank you...I guess."

"I am terribly awkward, sorry."

"So drinking a kick in the mouth?"
Violette LaReine
Approved

Postby Severus Snape » Mon, 2010.03.08 06:08

"I think there's a lounge at the end of the hall. We could drink some wine there, if you like." Severus really had no idea what to say. He'd never been in a situation even slightly like this. "That's probably a much better idea than Sullivan's ginger and oranges. At least one of us knows what the wine tastes like."

A nervous laugh slipped out -- a sharp, short sound, in the quiet hall. "I'm also not sure I want to drink something that tastes like a kick in the mouth. I've been kicked in the mouth. It didn't taste very good, no matter what Sullivan says."

By this point, he was staring intently at the steps and rubbing the back of his head with one hand. You're not awkward, he thought, I am.
"I want to believe in the nobility of the human spirit [...] but you've caught me at a bad moment, and I can't."
Severus Snape
Approved

Postby Violette LaReine » Mon, 2010.03.08 06:14

"Alright." she said, a bit more sure of herself now that she had some idea of what was going to happen, and that they were no longer going to stand at the top of the stairs.

"Ahh yes...I've been kicked in the teeth before too.." she said quietly, "The entire thing was quite an unsettling even, and so I agree with you in the fact that drinking something even remotely related to that situation has to be unpleasant. "

"Shall I go get the bottle?"
Violette LaReine
Approved

Postby Severus Snape » Mon, 2010.03.08 06:25

He nodded. "The lounge," Severus said, determinedly, "I shall meet you in it."

With that, he bowed, and headed down the hall, determined to find a comfortable seat before the girl -- Merlin's balls, he'd forgotten to introduce himself, again -- before the girl, to whom he needed to introduce himself, arrived.

Couches and chairs surrounded a variety of low tables. He rejected the couches immediately, not wanting to seem too forward, especially since he had no intention of being forward with her. Not that if he did want to, he'd have the faintest idea where to start. No, that wasn't quite true. He could act like Roddy, but that wasn't likely to be at all effective.

Irrelevant. Chairs. He needed chairs, and found two large ones with a round table, near one of the two fireplaces. Finally something like relaxed, or at least less entirely unnerved, he settled into one of the chairs, crossing one leg under his other knee, and pulling his hair back down to shade his face.
Severus Snape
Approved

Postby Violette LaReine » Mon, 2010.03.08 18:56

She arrived a few minutes later holding two bottles, two glasses and an opener. “I wasn't to sure of what you would prefer...” she said a bit embarrassed.

“This one,” she said holding up a green bottle, “Is a Peach Chardonnay. It's fairly sweet, but has a high alcohol content.” She sat in the opposing chair and placed everything on the table. “The other,” she said gesturing the clear glass to a crimson liquid “is a Syrah, it has a spicy flavor and is rounded out with things like black cherries and blackberries. "

She shifted to cross her legs beneath her, sitting Indian style on the chair and waited for his answer.
Violette LaReine
Approved

Postby Severus Snape » Mon, 2010.03.08 19:18

She was asking him to pick a wine... This was not part of the plan, and Severus did his best not to look entirely clueless. Roddy liked fruity things, he reminded himself. What would Roddy do? And how would he not sound like an absolute queer, making Roddy's choice?

"The Syrah," he said, with a solemn nod, suddenly realising that Roddy would have picked the Chardonnay, for the peaches. "I like blackberries."

Zero points for Severus Snape. Way to sound like a witless gobshite, Sev. 'I like blackberries'? What in Auntie's name was that? He managed not to shake his head at himself, and stayed very still, in the hopes he'd look solemn, rather than petrified.

"You're from France?" he asked, like a moron. Of course she was from France. The accent said it all.
Severus Snape
Approved

Postby Violette LaReine » Mon, 2010.03.08 19:33

“Syrah it is.” she said, grabbing the bottle and opening it effortlessly, pouring him a glass she handed it over and repeated the motion for her own. Putting the bottle down the grabbed her glass, swirling the wine with in it around gently looking at the color and consistency before taking a deep breath of it, then a small sip. Once she found it to her taste, she took a larger sip.

“It doesn't necessarily have an over powering taste of blackberries.”she said, after her drink, “It just has blackberries in it. As a flavoring.”

“Yes,I'm from Roubaix, it's near the boarder of Belgium. I also know that my English is not that good, so you would of had to assume that I was from France.” she said lightly.

“What about you, where are you from?” she took another sip, before suddenly bursting into laughter, “Even better, what is your name?”
Violette LaReine
Approved

Postby Severus Snape » Mon, 2010.03.08 19:49

Way to stick your foot in that one, Severus. He blushed, slightly, high on his cheeks, and tried to hid it by taking a drink.

"I -- um," he stuttered, completely forgetting his composure. "Severus Snape. I'm from Sunderland."

But, if she was from France, that was meaningless. "It's a town --" Way to state the obvious. "A shipbuilding town -- spans the River Wear."

"And you?" he asked, pushing the panic back down, and coasting back into some version of smoothness. "You are from Roubaix, but what is your name?"
Severus Snape
Approved

PreviousNext

Return to Wizarding London