The Pope of Fools (Sev) [DONE]

London, behind the façade. Every wizard in the British Isles has come here at some point or another.

Re: The Pope of Fools (Sev)

Postby Violette LaReine » Fri, 2010.05.07 02:19

She chuckled slightly, "I know about how nothing makes sense, the world that is....nothing is fair etc...But at this point I have realized that you just have to roll with it, and hope that things work out."

she finished her glass and poured herself another before tipping the bottle in Snape's direction,
Violette LaReine
Approved

Postby Severus Snape » Sat, 2010.05.08 09:47

"Or you can fight it." Severus held out his glass, so she could fill it. "Just dig in your heels, grit your teeth, and demand your due. If everyone rolls over, who's to make sure we're not getting rolled, as a society?"

He took another drink of wine. "Not that I have any fondness for the current social state, but they are the first shield between the greater evils of the world and me, personally. If they tuck and roll, where does that leave me? If I push them to stand, I, too, can stand, and not be crushed by the weight."

As he brought the glass to his lips again, he could feel the prickling rush of tipsy adrenaline dancing through his fingertips. "One good use for Slytherin cunning -- telling a man to go to hell for you, and making him think it was all his own brilliant idea."
"I want to believe in the nobility of the human spirit [...] but you've caught me at a bad moment, and I can't."
Severus Snape
Approved

Postby Violette LaReine » Sat, 2010.05.08 20:50

"Yes well, the system here is a lot less accepting of differences the one back home, thus I would rather 'tuck and roll' as you put it then call attention to myself."

She chastised herself mentally for making such a comment, and brought her glass down from her lips before drinking, deciding that at the moment she'd had enough to drink.

"Slytherin, that's a house at Hogwarts right? I have to go in a few days to get sorted actually....but any literature I can find on the subject is vague on house information..."
Violette LaReine
Approved

Postby Severus Snape » Wed, 2010.07.14 02:46

"A few days? That's tomorrow! It's why I'm here, actually, I have to catch the train, in the morning." Severus sighed and finished the fresh glass in one swallow. "I don't need the sleep, really, but I won't be responsible for you being disoriented with exhaustion, when the sorting hat has its run at you."

He set the glass on the table. "You should sleep, Miss LaReine. No doubt I shall see you on the train, in the morning. Would you..." He paused, feeling foolish. "Would you like me to walk you to the station?"
"I want to believe in the nobility of the human spirit [...] but you've caught me at a bad moment, and I can't."
Severus Snape
Approved

Postby Violette LaReine » Wed, 2010.07.14 03:11

"Tomorrow?" she said eyes wide, "Shite!" she exclaimed loudly, then placing her hand over her mouth before letting out a laugh.

"Well, it's a good thing I bought my things yesterday...I erm, apologize for the outburst, I thought I would have more time...."

Sighing, she finished her glass and placed it on the table, leaning back she nodded, "If you wouldn't mind I would appreciate the directions at least....as for lack of sleep. it is something I am quite used to."
Violette LaReine
Approved

Postby Severus Snape » Wed, 2010.07.14 03:57

Severus stood and bowed to her. "Be in the lobby at six. You'll get where you're going with plenty of time. I'll make sure of it."

He turned to leave the room, tucking his hair behind his ear, but paused at the door. "Whatever you may hear, Slytherin is the most cunning of houses, but Hufflepuff is likely the safest. I will see you in the morning."

With that, he swept out of the room, trailing a lingering air of melodrama.
Severus Snape
Approved

Postby Violette LaReine » Wed, 2010.07.14 04:12

She watched the boy walked up the stairs and shook her head. Picking up her things, she walked back to her room and went to bed.

CLOSE
Violette LaReine
Approved

Previous

Return to Wizarding London